Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Double Embossing Resist Tutorial


Hi all, well I was playing around and with some of my stamps etc. and came up with this technique.......I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it or even if they have a tutorial out there somewhere, but I thought it would be great to show you all!!! My card will be shown at the end, along with all the products I used for it. I hope you all enjoy it..........so, onto the tutorial.

Supplies needed for theTutorial:
Smooth White Cardstock, I used the X-press It Blending Cardstock
Hero Arts Clings- Happy Definition & Classic Fabric Design
Versamark Ink
Ranger Ink Blending Tool with Foam
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick, Crushed Olive & Walnut Stain
Tsukineko Clear Embossing Powder
Ranger Heat It Tool or other heat tool

Step 1: Ink up Happy Definition with the Versamak ink, stamp it on the white cardstock. Use the clear EP (Embossing Powder) and emboss with your heat tool.













Step 2: Use your blending tool with the foam and blend in the Tumbled Glass, Worn Lipstick and Crushed Olive, making sure to overlap your colours. You can wipe it with a baby wipe or a piece of paper towel to remove the excess ink from the embossing. Trim down to the size of the stamp. 












Step 3: Now before we do the next part make sure that the distress inks are completely dry, otherwise you will have the EP stick to the distress ink. (and yes, I learned the hard way....lol...) Ink up the Fabric Design stamp with the Versamark ink and stamp it over the Happy Definition embossed stamping, apply the clear EP and heat emboss this. I hope you can see how it looks in the photo.







Step 4: Now the magic happens......using your blending tool and the Walnut Stain Distress Ink, blend the ink and watch as a new design appears over top of the other one. You can wipe it again, with a baby wipe or a piece of paper towel to remove the excess ink from the embossing.













Here's a close up of it.....................









So that's it.....I really love this technique, I hope you have fun playing!!! Also, you can experiment with various stamps and colours, just remember that you want to use the darkest ink colour last, as it should be dark enough to cover all the other colours you have used. There's so much you can do with this technique, you could use just blues or purples etc., or try it with 2 different colours of EP.

Well I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, if you have any questions please feel free to leave them in the comments section and I will do my best to answer you ASAP.

Now onto how the card looks............


Products Used:
Cardstock: X-press It Blending Cardstock, Brown Cardstock

So all I did to finish the card was use the punch down the side, stamped and cut out the sentiment and tag, then added some bling and the ribbon and bow.

I did do another card with the same technique, but I used the new Heartfelt Creations stamps, Daisy Patch Background & Stained Glass Background instead, here's how it turned out..............

So that's it for this post..........I'm still waiting for the warm weather to come..........lol........it doesn't look like I'm going to get my wish anytime soon!!! :)  So until next time.......................

Don't forget........There's FREE SHIPPING on all online orders over $50 shipped before March 31st, 2011
Order total calculate before GST. Offer valid only within the ten Canadian provinces. Orders destined for Labrador, Nunavut, Yukon, NWT, United States and abroad will be charged the actual shipping amount

So head on over to the Scrapbooker's Paradise Online Store and do some shopping!!!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Kim! They are GORGEOUS!! I don't remember ever seeing this done...not twice like that! The outcome is incredible! Yay for you!!...Nancy :o)

Shirley Fread said...

Fantastic cards! Really love the technique you used. I'll have to try it.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Amazing Kim! Love love love this technique and the fabulous result!

Peggy said...

Wow, those cards are absolutely gorgeous. A very cool technique. Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea said...

Yep I tried: http://scraptasticvoyage.blogspot.com/2012/02/double-embossing.html
Not as great as yours but it's a start and I absolutely LOVE your card.

Teri S. said...

Oh YAY! I've just discovered a fellow Canadian who has what looks to be an fantastic bloodspot! You can
be sure I will bookmark it.

I've not been stamping for long & love to get inspiration &, believe me, you definitely do inspire. Your cards are more than gorgeous. I particularly like the stained glass one.

Thank you for sharing your creativity.